FEES® Training - St. Louis, MO - September 15-16, 2018 (0118-004)
Carolina Speech Pathology has a comprehensive Two Day FEES® Training Course "Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing: A Procedure for Evaluating Oropharyngeal Dysphagia" coming to St. Louis, MO on September 15-16, 2018. Get registered now!
This course will be taught by Vanessa Peregrim, M.S., CCC-SLP and Jennifer Barnett, M.S., CCC-SLP. These energetic instructors have completed thousands of FEES across a variety of settings.
Vanessa Peregrim received her Masters degree from Loyola University in 2006. She currently provides mobile FEES for Carolina Speech Pathology. Prior to joining CSP in 2016, Vanessa worked in acute care and outpatient setting with adults and pediatrics. She has presented posters and lectures at ASHA and Maryland State Association Conferences. She also teaches Ethics and Advanced Dysphagia graduate courses at Loyola University. She has been deemed competent for supervision and training in FEES by a board certified Otolaryngologist.
Jennifer Barnett completed her undergraduate and graduate education at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, graduating in 2007. She is currently an owner of Mobile FEES, LLC, providing mobile endoscopic swallow studies in the Midwest. She is a guest lecturer at a university in Kansas City and participates in an area dysphagia study group. Jennifer has been a recipient of ASHA’s ACE award for continuing education multiple times.
**This course is offered for 1.5 ASHA CEU's (Intermediate Level, Professional Area)
$525 with printed course book (printed books will be distributed at the course)
Pay by Credit Card or Make Check Payable to:
CAROLINA SPEECH PATHOLOGY, LLC
Send the registration form & check to:
Carolina Speech Pathology, LLC
130 Salem Towne Court
Apex, NC 27502
Or Fax the form to:
SSM Health Rehabilitation Network Education Center
1050 Old Des Peres Rd, Ste 40
St. Louis, MO 63131
Hilton St. Louis Frontenac
1335 S Lindbergh Blvd
Frontenac, MO 63131
Marriott St. Louis West
660 Maryville Centre Dr
St. Louis, MO 63141
FEES® for Evaluating Oropharyngeal Dysphagia
This two day program provides an opportunity to develop an understanding of the FEES® procedure and gain experience interpreting FEES® for the evaluation and management of oropharyngeal dysphagia. It also includes information on how the procedure compares to the Modified Barium Swallow Study, as well as offer tips on starting a FEES® program at your facility.
Opportunities for hands-on practice are offered both days with supervision from experienced FEES® providers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the anatomy that can be visualized using FEES®.
2. Differentiate a normal from an abnormal swallow using flexible endoscopy.
3. Establish & follow a protocol for administering a FEES® exam.
4. Identify key anatomical structures. Identify & interpret finding and apply appropriate therapeutic intervention during the performance of a FEES® exam.
5. Implement & adapt the FEES® protocol for different patient populations and settings.
6. Differentiate the use of endoscopy vs. modified barium swallow to manage patients with dysphagia.
7. List the elements necessary to implement FEES® in their employment setting
8. Perform, at an introductory level of skill, how to pass the endoscope safely and learn how to properly position the scope to obtain ideal view during the examination.
FEES® is a registered trademark of Susan Langmore, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, BRS-S.