FEES® Training - Philadelphia - October 20-21, 2017 (0217-003)
Carolina Speech Pathology has a comprehensive Two Day FEES® Training Course "Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing: A Procedure for Evaluating Oropharyngeal Dysphagia" coming to Philadelphia, PA October 20-21, 2017 from 8AM-4:30PM. Get registered now!
This course will be taught by Rachel Walt M.S., CCC-SLP and Kristin Sears-Kopp, M.S., CCC-SLP. This energetic team has performed thousands of FEES in a variety of settings.
Rachel Hatteberg Walt attended the University of Kentucky for undergraduate and graduate school , graduating in 2007. Currently, Rachel works as a Supplemental SLP at The Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, assisting with FEES program establishment. She also serves as Product Manager for Altaravision, Inc and FEES Course Instructor for Carolina Speech Pathology. Kristin Sears-Kopp , M.S., CCC-SLP began her professional career as a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) in 2002. She has worked in both pediatrics and adult-focused institutions. She is a practicing clinician working to improve the lives and mealtimes of patients with dysphagia with the use FEES, while serving as Clinical Coordinator at Carolina Speech Pathology. Both instructors have been deemed competent in FEES instruction by a board certified otolaryngologist.
**This course is offered for 1.5 ASHA CEU's (Intermediate Level, Professional Area)
$495 registration fee
Pay by Credit Card or Make Check Payable to:
CAROLINA SPEECH PATHOLOGY, LLC
Send the registration form & check to:
Carolina Speech Pathology, LLC
130 Salem Towne Court
Apex, NC 27502
Or Fax the form to:
Course Location & Time:
This Two Day Course Will Be Held At:
Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/ King of Prussia
1100 Drummers Lane
Wayne, PA 19087-15 67
Rooms are available at the Courtyard Philadelphia Valley Forge/King of Prussia.
Book by Friday, September 29, 2017. for a rate of $110.
CLICK HERE for discounted rate.
FEES® for Evaluating Oropharyngeal Dysphagia
This two day program provides an opportunity to develop an understanding of the FEES® procedure and gain experience interpreting FEES® for the evaluation and management of oropharyngeal dysphagia. It also includes information on how the procedure compares to the Modified Barium Swallow Study, as well as offer tips on starting a FEES® program at your facility.
Opportunities for hands-on practice are offered both days with supervision from experienced FEES® providers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the anatomy that can be visualized using FEES®.
2. Differentiate a normal from an abnormal swallow using flexible endoscopy.
3. Establish & follow a protocol for administering a FEES® exam.
4. Identify key anatomical structures. Identify & interpret finding and apply appropriate therapeutic intervention during the performance of a FEES® exam.
5. Implement & adapt the FEES® protocol for different patient populations and settings.
6. Differentiate the use of endoscopy vs. modified barium swallow to manage patients with dysphagia.
7. List the elements necessary to implement FEES® in their employment setting
8. Perform, at an introductory level of skill, how to pass the endoscope safely and learn how to properly position the scope to obtain ideal view during the examination.
FEES® is a registered trademark of Susan Langmore, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, BRS-S.