FEES® Training - Jacksonville, FL - November 11-12, 2017 (0217-005)
Carolina Speech Pathology has a comprehensive Two Day FEES® Training Course "Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing: A Procedure for Evaluating Oropharyngeal Dysphagia" coming to Jacksonville, FL, November 11-12, 2017. Get registered now!
This course will be taught by Selena Reece, M.S., CCC-SLP, BCS-S and Vanessa Peregrim, , M.S., CCC-SLP. These energetic instructors have have completed thousands of FEES for patients across a variety of settings including ICU, acute, outpatient, and long-term care. These clinicians have been deemed competent for supervision and training in FEES by a board certified Otolaryngologist.
**This course is offered for 1.5 ASHA CEU's (Intermediate Level, Professional Area)
$495 registration fee
Pay by Credit Card or Make Check Payable to:
CAROLINA SPEECH PATHOLOGY, LLC
Send the registration form & check to:
Carolina Speech Pathology, LLC
130 Salem Towne Court
Apex, NC 27502
Or Fax the form to:
Course Location :
This Two Day Course Will Be Held At:
St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside
Terry Conference Center, Chartrand Building
1824 King St., Jacksonville, FL, 32204
Hampton Inn Jacksonville- I-95 Central
FEES® for Evaluating Oropharyngeal Dysphagia
This two day program provides an opportunity to develop an understanding of the FEES® procedure and gain experience interpreting FEES® for the evaluation and management of oropharyngeal dysphagia. It also includes information on how the procedure compares to the Modified Barium Swallow Study, as well as offer tips on starting a FEES® program at your facility.
Opportunities for hands-on practice are offered both days with supervision from experienced FEES® providers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the anatomy that can be visualized using FEES®.
2. Differentiate a normal from an abnormal swallow using flexible endoscopy.
3. Establish & follow a protocol for administering a FEES® exam.
4. Identify key anatomical structures. Identify & interpret finding and apply appropriate therapeutic intervention during the performance of a FEES® exam.
5. Implement & adapt the FEES® protocol for different patient populations and settings.
6. Differentiate the use of endoscopy vs. modified barium swallow to manage patients with dysphagia.
7. List the elements necessary to implement FEES® in their employment setting
8. Perform, at an introductory level of skill, how to pass the endoscope safely and learn how to properly position the scope to obtain ideal view during the examination.
FEES® is a registered trademark of Susan Langmore, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, BRS-S.