FEES® Training - Great Falls, Montana - June 9-10, 2018 (0118-002)
Carolina Speech Pathology has a comprehensive Two Day FEES® Training Course "Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing: A Procedure for Evaluating Oropharyngeal Dysphagia" coming to Great Falls, Montana June 9-10 2018. Get registered now!
This course will be taught by Kristin Sears-Kopp, M.A., CCC-SLP and Selena Reece, M.S., CCC-SLP, BCS-S. These energetic instructors have competed thousands of FEES across a variety of settings and have been deemed competent in supervision and training in FEES by board certified Otolaryngologists.
Kristin Sears-Kopp, M.A., CCC-SLP began her professional career as a SLP in 2002. She has worked in both pediatrics and adult-focused institutions. She is a practicing clinician working to improve the lives and mealtimes of patients with dysphagia with the use of instrumental assessment. Ms. Sears-Kopp’s current role as Clinical Coordinator at Carolina Speech Pathology allows her the opportunity to participate in the further development of SLP’s skills and knowledge for the evaluation and treatment of dysphagia. She is an ASHA member and ACE continuing education award recipient.
Selena Reece received her Master’s degree from University of North Carolina at Chapel in 2003 and obtained Board Certified Specialist in Swallowing in 2015. She has worked in acute care, outpatient, and inpatient rehabilitation settings. She currently serves as the Director of Educational Resources for Carolina Speech Pathology, while carrying an active caseload providing mobile FEES services. She is an ACE continuing education reward recipient.
**This course is offered for 1.5 ASHA CEU's (Intermediate Level, Professional Area)
- $525 with printed course book (printed books will be distributed at the course)
Pay by Credit Card or Make Check Payable to:
CAROLINA SPEECH PATHOLOGY, LLC
Send the registration form & check to:
Carolina Speech Pathology, LLC
130 Salem Towne Court
Apex, NC 27502
Or Fax the form to:
Benefis Orthopedic Center of Montana Therapy Center
Medical Office Building 4, 1401 25th Street South,
Great Falls, Montana 59405
Second Floor (Park in Lot P4 and enter through Entrance 4)
- The Hotel Arvon: Address:118 1st Ave S, Great Falls, MT 59401, Phone:(406) 952-1101
- Holiday Inn: Address:1100 5th Street South, Great Falls, MT 59405, Phone:(406) 727-7200
- Best Western Plus Heritage Inn: Address: 1700 Fox Farm Rd, Great Falls, MT 59404, Phone:(406) 761-1900
- La Quinta Inn and Suites: Address:600 River Dr S, Great Falls, MT 59405, Phone:(406) 761-2600
FEES® for Evaluating Oropharyngeal Dysphagia
This two day program provides an opportunity to develop an understanding of the FEES® procedure and gain experience interpreting FEES® for the evaluation and management of oropharyngeal dysphagia. It also includes information on how the procedure compares to the Modified Barium Swallow Study, as well as offer tips on starting a FEES® program at your facility.
Opportunities for hands-on practice are offered both days with supervision from experienced FEES® providers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
1. Identify the anatomy that can be visualized using FEES®.
2. Differentiate a normal from an abnormal swallow using flexible endoscopy.
3. Establish & follow a protocol for administering a FEES® exam.
4. Identify key anatomical structures. Identify & interpret finding and apply appropriate therapeutic intervention during the performance of a FEES® exam.
5. Implement & adapt the FEES® protocol for different patient populations and settings.
6. Differentiate the use of endoscopy vs. modified barium swallow to manage patients with dysphagia.
7. List the elements necessary to implement FEES® in their employment setting
8. Perform, at an introductory level of skill, how to pass the endoscope safely and learn how to properly position the scope to obtain ideal view during the examination.
FEES® is a registered trademark of Susan Langmore, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, BRS-S.